Physician Assistant - Orthopedics/Shoulder Specialty
Company: Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The salary offered for this position is $112,986 - $178,314.
Rebound is the largest orthopedic and neurosurgical practice in the
Portland-Vancouver area with an array of sub-specialties including
orthopedics, brain and spine care, sports medicine, physiatry, and
We are proud to be the team physicians for the Portland Trail
Blazers, the Portland Winterhawks and several collegiate teams, and
celebrate over 50 years of service to our patients and the
We are headquartered in Southwest, Washington just across the river
from Portland, Oregon and a 90-minute drive to either the beach or
mountains. Hiking trails, parks, excellent schools, arts and
culture, fine dining and food carts are abundant in our region.
We are hiring for an orthopedic PA position, with a focus on
shoulder procedures. The ideal candidate will be passionate about
patient care, have excellent communication, problem solving, and
decision making skills.
- Support an environment that reinforces Rebound's mission and
Core Values of; Superior Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Innovation,
Quality and Recognition.
- Provide direct patient care to include, but not limited to,
examinations, physicals, diagnosis, and documenting patient medical
data and health histories.
- Assist with surgical and microscopic procedures within
standards of care and practice guidelines; obtain staff privileges
as necessary to assist physicians.
- Develop and implement appropriate care management
- Perform therapeutic procedures such as injections,
immunizations, wound care, and managing infection.
- Provide acute and chronic care according to protocol.
- Administer or order appropriate diagnostic and laboratory
tests. Interpret and convey test results.
- When on-call, assist with surgical and microscopic procedures
within standards of care and practice guidelines.
- Respond to medical emergencies including CPR.
- Triage patient phone calls to facilitate patient care
- Demonstrate positive and effective written and verbal
communication skills with patients, families and
- Document clear, concise and accurate clinical information in
the patient record in a timely manner.
- Educate patients and families in regards to therapeutic
regimens, surgery and procedures, pre- and post-operative care, and
other relevant information.
- Provide leadership by serving as a role model and
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and abide by all
HIPAA rules and regulations.
- One year of experience preferred, but new graduates are
encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree required, MS preferred.
- Graduate of physician assistant training program that is
accredited and approved by CAHEA, CAAHEP, and/or ARC-PA.
- Current Washington and Oregon PA license.
- Certified through National Commission on Certification of
Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- BLS or ACLS certified.
- Current DEA License and NPI number is required.
- Excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, and
attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with patients and co-workers.
We are proud to Offer:
- Full-time schedule of 4.5 days/week or 9 days worked out of
- Medical/Vision/Rx (paid at 100% for employee)
- Dental (paid at 100% for employee)
- 401(K) Retirement Plan, including discretionary profit
- Company paid Life Insurance/AD&D
- Voluntary Life insurance/AD&D
- Company paid short and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Saving Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- Paid Time Off accrued at up to 27 days in your first year based
- Continuing education and professional due reimbursement
This is a great opportunity to work in a quality organization with
Top Doctors in the Northwest. At Rebound, our goal is to cultivate
an organization that offers superior patient-centered medical care,
with mutual respect and cooperation in a positive and supportive
environment. Come join our team!
Keywords: Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery, Vancouver , Physician Assistant - Orthopedics/Shoulder Specialty, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!