Business System Analyst
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Business Systems Analyst III (N-IT)Vancouver, WA
- This contract Business Systems Analyst will provide the
- Provide support surrounding the creation, implementation, and
management of business requirements and technical solutions for
workflows, processes and tools supporting our client's Engineering
and Technical Services (TE) organization.
- Provide support in several key areas including Microsoft
Project Server configuration / administration, Microsoft SharePoint
configuration / administration, and coordination/facilitation of
- Provide recommendations on technical reporting solutions and
solutions to automate TE's needs in support of its project, program
and performance managers and their support staff while increasing
data integrity and availability.
- This position will also support our client's North American
Reliability Corporation (NERC)/Western Electricity Coordinating
Council (WECC) Reliability Standards efforts and responsibilities
in both meeting Transmission Engineering and Technical Services and
NERC/WECC Compliance obligations and enhancing Power system
- Assisting the RSO (Reliability Standards Owner) and business
stakeholders with defining, implementing, monitoring, reporting,
and verifying compliance on these Standards.
- Supporting the clarification of business operations processes;
documenting/mapping the current and future states; performing gap
analysis; and identifying, evaluating, and proposing solution
alternatives to assist in the implementation of the process
- Supporting data management and process controls for good data
stewardship and technical input.
- Identifying process improvements and system alignment between
Information Technology tools used for NERC compliance for
implementation, monitoring and reporting of these standards.
Education and Corresponding Experience (required on matrix):
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
Information Technology, Business Systems, Engineering or a directly
related technical field is preferred.
- With an applicable Associate's degree, 10+ years' of experience
- With an applicable Bachelor's degree, 8+ years' of experience
- Without an applicable degree, 12+ years' of experience is
- Experience should include demonstrated analyst work experience
in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems and
requirements engineering, operations management or a
Required Technical Skills and Experience (required on matrix):
- 6+ years of SharePoint data management and reporting
experience, including advanced use of:
- 5+ years of Microsoft Project and Project Web Application (PWA)
- 3+ years advanced knowledge of and practical experience in SSRS
- Expert level skills with MS SharePoint 2010 sufficient to
design, setup and maintain MS SharePoint sites and provide support
to other site administrators.
- Expert level skills with Excel, including experience with Pivot
Tables, Charting and Reporting.
- Working experience in automating with Visual Basic for
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word,
Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Visio).
Preferred Skills and Experience (optional on matrix):
- Relevant experience in the support of a Project Management
- Prior electric utility work experience in a project management
- Possession of a current Microsoft Project certification (MCP or
- Technical interviewing skills:
- Functional/process interviewing skills in the technology
- Ability to facilitate groups through process design and
requirements gathering sessions.
- Strong technical writing and the ability to present information
in various forms such as textual, graphical, and statistical.
- Strong analytical thinking, critical thinking and decision
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance documentation
and evidence for the energy industry.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with highly
technical people and lead requirements definition and requirements
- Proficient in communication, facilitation and negotiation with
- Strong analytical skills in analyzing, defining and documenting
business areas, functions, problems, business needs and
opportunities for improvement.
- Self-directed and assertive in pursuit of root cause analysis,
missing information and data requirements
- Demonstrated experience with Engineering Requirements/Business
- Ability to ramp up quickly working with business subject matter
experts to document system requirements in support of compliance
- Familiarity with the NERC Reliability Standards and
- Familiarity with ANSI/EIA 649 "National Consensus Standard for
Keywords: CorSource, Vancouver , Business System Analyst, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!