Commissioning & Testing Technician
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Aerotek is currently seeking aCommissioning & Testing
Technicianfor a long term contract at a federal utility in
Vancouver, WA. Holiday, Vacation and access to competitive benefits
is provided.The Commissioning and Testing Technician will provide
engineering, design, and field support for commissioning and
testing, contract management and inspection, and specialty services
for new and upgraded electrical facilities on the transmission
network in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana. This position
will also provide technical support to project managers in all
phases of projects from planning and estimating through project
closeout and post energization reviews. The position is located in
Vancouver, WA, but may involve up to 95% travel to various field
locations across the service area.Responsibilities Include:
- Under the guidance of a commissioning engineer or technician,
test substation equipment, primarily power circuit breakers,
transformers, and static capacitors. This testing involves
verification of CT/PT ratio, CT polarity, transformer impedance,
power factor for transformers, timing of power circuit breakers,
and insulation voltage withstand tests.
- Perform operational checks on all new or revised substation
outdoor equipment to maintain proper operation of the equipment and
associated control, protective devices, indicating devices,
interlocks, limiting devices, etc.
- Perform post energization in-service tests on relaying,
metering, and indicating devices of new and revised facilities to
verify proper functioning of all interrelated circuits and
- Perform corrections to maintain proper equipment
- Revise or correct all drawings to reflect the as-built
condition of the equipment wiring and physical layout.
- Assist in development of requirements for technical
specifications for procurement of power system equipment, and
provide technical support in the administration of material
contracts and turnkey system contracts.
- Provide technical support to construction, operations and
- Assist in the design, implementation, maintenance, and
improvement of electrical instruments, equipment, facilities,
components, products, and systems.
- Assist in the construction, installation, maintenance, support,
documentation, or testing activities to verify compliance with
specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Provide assistance to engineering personnel regarding
inspection of completed installations and observe operations to
maintain conformance to design and equipment specifications and
compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of equipment and provide
technical support to craft/customer personnel.
- Provide work updates to project managers by informing on work
timeline, cost, work status, and test results when
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Aided
Design (CAD), Drafting, Computer Science or a related field is
- Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology, Mathematics,
Computer Science, Engineering Technician, or a closely-related
field is required.
- 1 year of directly-related practical work experience in a
technical/engineering environment is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and
Word). Proficient in MS Office 2010.
- Attention to detail and analytical thinking abilities are
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, principals, and practices
applicable to components and facilities found on a regional
transmission system is highly desired.Preferred:
- Education and/or direct, hands-on experience in testing and
installing protection equipment and command control circuitry
- Education and/or direct, hands-on experience electric utility
systems, design practices, testing standards, safety standards,
work standards and duties and tasks related to installation,
testing, maintenance and repair of substation equipment.
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings.
- Substation/relay commissioning education/experience.
- Ability to communicate, and coordinate with internal, external,
contractors, and other utilities to perform testing/commissioning.
About Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its
employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with
the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and
Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive
advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract
employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in
recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised
offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000
contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an
Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn
more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer
and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex,
age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Vancouver , Commissioning & Testing Technician, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!