Electrical Engineering Technician
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Aerotek is currently seeking a qualified Electrical Engineering
Technician for a position in Vancouver, WA.This position will
perform tasks for indoor and outdoor electrical power substation
and facility design and associated documents, including:
- Computer aided design and drafting in the creation,
modification, analysis or optimization
- Review project submittals, design packages, and as-built
- Technical standards, templates, policies, processes, and
- Design solutions for complex and complicated projects
- Substation indoor and outdoor equipmentResponsibilities
- Develop preliminary plot plans, one lines, and grounding
drawing associated with substation scoping and Concept Design
- Draft work from engineers and as-built drawings using advanced
CAD skills and proper CAD and organizational standards for capital
and expense projects. Those mark-ups may contain drafting from
Substation Outdoor electrical equipment, Data Systems,
Telecommunication, Remedial Action Schemes (RAS), Control &
Protection, and facilities drawings.
- Produce indoor and outdoor electrical power substation and
facility design drawings, material requests, and other documents
required for the design of assigned projects.
- Use the CAD System and other computer methods and applications
for design and design document production; utilize Cascade to find
existing substation equipment information, verifying equipment
ratings and other pertinent information needed to complete
- Consult and collaborate with engineering staff and other
- Review, discuss and interpret design concepts;
- Identify and/or recommend requirements of detailed working
drawings; and, provide technical input and recommendations to
- Examine design drawings and other documents for completeness,
accuracy, and conformance with project requirements and design
standards, individually and as part of an integrated set of
- Participate in design reviews for complex projects and provide
technical expertise in the design and integration of indoor and
outdoor substation equipment and systems during the development of
the engineering packages; anticipate problems that may arise in
design and assist management in initiating the development and
evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Perform detailed wire checking from substation schematics and
- Provide review on assigned design projects produced by internal
design groups and external service contract design vendors; verify
compliance with current standards and policies established by and
the Substation Project Engineering organization; make
recommendations for corrections to BFTE staff including workplace
manager, Tech Team Lead, and/or engineers.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other
engineering data received from engineers to validate that they
conform to design concepts.
- Assist in the development of design standard template dashboard
within SharePoint showing standard template development metrics and
long term goals.
- Assist in the development of a template tracking system within
SharePoint showing applicable template information (engineering
owner, status, release notes, and facilitate field comments /
feedback and/or design template requests).
- Attend monthly meetings with the shops and warehouse to resolve
fabrication, safety, equipment failures, and material ordering
problems; will be required to complete the substation engineering
standard work identified from these meetings.
- Collaborate on and assist with the evaluation of applicable
standards and specifications for complex and/or major Protection
Engineering projects, potential equipment acquisitions, and related
activities; draft revisions, research and present options, provide
technical input and recommendations for management
- Conduct routine review of existing design standards; update as
needed using CAD software.
- Contribute to and/or upgrade SharePoint site by providing
access and links to design data, standards and work processes.
- Contribute to the update of standards work for TEE.
- Coordinate availability of designs with contracting firms and
the indoor design groups to facilitate design needs.
- Facilitate regular meetings with switchboard electrician
foremen to draft updates on all new or modified substation
engineering design standard templates for manager approval.
- Document all policy, process and technical procedure
- Gather data from various paper and electronic engineering
drawings or legacy data systems and prepare/tabulate that data for
archival in ProjectWise, SharePoint, or other assigned storage /
- Identify and resolve conflicts in designs produced by multiple
internal organizations or external entities. This work may include
communication and collaboration with multiple parties.
- Maintain a thorough familiarity with industry, organizational
and standards; recommending new concepts, techniques and methods
for management consideration.
- Maintain MicroStation cell library for the substation
engineering design groups and develop new cells in association with
new or updated design standard templates.
- Maintain priority template development schedule and SharePoint
site devoted to substation engineering design standard
- Monitor and assess designs in other than approved state to
ascertain workflow and availability.
- Provide basic filing and document management functions. Create
and maintain files and filing system(s) in accordance with
compliance requirements. File and disperse documents as
appropriate. Verify all official records are accurately maintained
for auditing purposes. Maintain file records in accordance with the
Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) policies and
- A Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering
(or related technical discipline) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor's degree, 6 years of experience is
- With an applicable Associates degree, 8 years of experience is
- Without an applicable degree, 10 years of experience is
- Experience should include electrical engineering work that is
technical in a technical/engineering environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical power substation
including protection schemes, control systems, and outdoor
- 6 years of directly-related experience as an Electrical
Technician or CAD support.
- 6 years of experience with MicroStation CAD software and
- 5 years of experience working with data storage, database
management, records maintenance. About Aerotek:We know that a
company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Vancouver , Electrical Engineering Technician, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!