Fiber Optic Technician
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Aerotek is currently seeking a qualified Fiber Optic Technician
for a position in Vancouver, WA. This position will travel 95% of
the time.This Electronic Engineering Technician position will
assist with field installation testing, analysis, and final test
reports in support of Project Management and Telecommunications
Design for radio and fiber optic field installations projects
including schedule support, quality acceptance, conformance with
project schedules, and coordination of work with engineers, other
technicians and craftsman, lineman and contractors.Responsibilities
- Review engineering designs to verify conformance to existing
policies and standards for installation of communications and fiber
- Prepare and draft "as built" drawings for communications and
fiber optic systems.
- Prepare and draft fiber optic system test summary reports for
- Assemble project materials, review for completeness and
disburse completed materials packages to appropriate lead T&E
- Prepare various progress and status reports, test equipment
requests and work-vehicle requirements.
- Facilitate changes of circuitry or components with guidance
from engineers or technician in order to make systems
- Perform acceptance and performance testing of communications,
telemetry, and other electronic systems throughout the service area
- FM radios with frequencies up to 1,000 megahertz including
fixed, mobile and portable systems used for voice, digital control
- Microwave systems with frequencies above 1,000 megahertz
including terminals and repeaters with high and low density
- High and ultrahigh speed tone equipment from transfer trip
- Coordinate with TF District personnel and Project Engineers to
test fiber optic cable installations.
- Perform acceptance and performance testing of Long Haul Fiber
Optic cable testing including patch panels, fiber reels, fiber
spans, and fiber optic cable vaults.
- Perform Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) and power
meter testing of individual fibers in cables;
- Assist with Characterization Testing of individual fibers and
fiber optic cables.
- Perform acceptance and performance testing of digital computer
control systems for power circuit breaker control, switchyard alarm
supervision and telemetry throughout the service area,
- Auxiliary and standby power supply systems including batteries,
chargers, generators with their associated controls and
- Digital and analog telemetry systems for automatic generation
- Miscellaneous systems including fault locators, telephones,
public address and intercomsQualifications:
- A degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronic
Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology (or closely related
field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor's Degree, 6 months of experience is
- With an applicable Associate's Degree, 2 years of experience is
- Without an applicable degree, 4 years of experience is
- Required experience must include directly-related practical
work experience in a technical/engineering environment.
- 6 months experience performing OTDR and Characterization of
fiber optic cables.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, principals, and practices
applicable to components and facilities found on a regional
transmission system is highly desired. About Aerotek:We know that a
company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Vancouver , Fiber Optic Technician, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!