Sterile Processing Technician - Endoscopy
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job Description Description Must be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 including 2 doses of 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose
series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician - Endoscopy
for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation
starts at $18.32, more depending on experience. JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean,
decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including
power equipment as applicable. Also responsible for inspecting and
assembling instruments, trays and packs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of
supplies, equipment and instruments for surgical cases.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing
instruments and supplies.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS (Required
unless otherwise designated) EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of a National Central Service Technician course
and/or six months experience as a Sterile Process Technician
- Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD, or other nationally
recognized certifying body required within one year of hire.
- If working in PHMG Ambulatory Surgery Center in
- In lieu of above certification must have:
- Course completion and current Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor
certification by the Certification Board for Sterile Process and
Distribution (CBSPD) OTHER SKILLS:
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications
in English required. COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- A minimum of three (3) months' experience as a Sterile
Processing Technician required or three (3) month's experience as a
Veterinary Technician, Dental Technician, Surgical Support Aide, or
other medical related technician role whose responsibilities
included cleaning, decontaminating, and sterilizing surgical
instrumentation. SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time
with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants
extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment;
reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per
month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled
shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
There may be more than one opening on this posting. See how
PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and
Cultural Humility. For full consideration of your skills and
abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with
applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , Sterile Processing Technician - Endoscopy, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!