Business Systems Analyst 3 (N-IT) (10188)
Company: Motus Recruiting & Staffing
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Business Systems Analyst 3 (N-IT) (10188) Vancouver, Washington
- Added Jan 3rd, 2022 Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest
utility provider committed to public service and environmental
preservation, is looking for a Business Systems Analyst for their
Vancouver, Washington location. This position performs systems
analysis, analysis of tools and techniques to support the
development of systems, performance monitoring and improvement of
systems used by the Operations functions. This position is a
one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis.
It also includes employee benefits! If you think you'd be a good
fit, we want to hear from you! Please note: This is a hybrid remote
role, with 2 days in office every two weeks. Candidates must either
be local or be willing to relocate to the Vancouver, Washington
area. No relocation assistance is available for this role.
Responsibilities of Business Systems Analyst: Supporting
- Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops to elicit business
- Research, analyze, model and organize information for
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up
from low-level information to distinguish between solution ideas
and business needs.
- Facilitate requirements validation sessions and present
- Resolve requirement conflicts between stakeholders.
- Research, document, and validate current and future state
processes and designs (functional and technical)
- Help define approach, alternatives, and decision framework for
alternative solutions analyses.
- Help define and execute business analysis approaches. Solution
Development and Proposal:
- Facilitate design sessions, key decisions, team meetings,
sponsor meetings, and stakeholder engagement sessions
- Design architecture and solutions based on requirements and
- Facilitate/assist in technical process improvement
- Research and develop methods to automate repetitive manual data
- Use Rapid System Development methods to build prototypes.
- Draft solutions that integrate the various Portfolio, Project
and Asset Management systems.
- Complete all documentation in support of the solution,
including use cases, requirements, test plans, process maps, and
- Assist in the development of Business Cases/Justifications for
the identified improvement opportunities and present the proposed
solutions in both verbal and written formats to key stakeholders
and sponsors. Solution Build:
- Prepare functional and technical documentation for hand-off to
- Work closely with corporate IT development teams to encourage a
- Draft documentation for user and operational manuals.
- Design, build and implement desktop tools and systems to
support portfolio and project management, project scheduling and
project financial analysis.
- Build business intelligence objects and reports from various
- Draft and build electronic forms to support business
- Create queries and reports in MS Access for extracting,
manipulating, and reporting of business architecture-related
- Proactively communicate key updates and documents to team
members, sponsors, and stakeholders
- Support project manager in the maintenance of project
information including scope, status, schedule, budget, forecast,
risks and issues, resources
- Support project manager in the coordination of teams
contributing to the project
- Support project manager in liaising and aligning with project
vendors and other impacted departments Implementation and Change
- Support development and implementation of change management
plans that reduce employee resistance and empower management as
- Focus on the people side of change, including changes to
business processes, systems and technology, job roles and skills,
and organization structures.
- Facilitate various system verification activities such as
systems and user testing.
- Draft and deliver process and systems training to impacted
- Facilitate system and data integration efforts to connect
disparate systems that have various levels of System Life Cycle
(SLC) maturity. Solution Maintenance:
- Provide first line technical support to business users of the
- Complete and improve user manuals, onboarding and training
- Analyze solutions and business practices for efficiency and
effectiveness. Based on the analyses, initiate continuous
improvement initiatives. Promote the adherence to SLC processes
Requirements of Business Systems Analyst:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- A degree in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems
or closely related technical field is preferred.
- With an applicable bachelor's degree, 8 years of experience is
- With an applicable associate degree, 10+ years of experience is
- Without an applicable degree, 12+ years of experience is
- Advanced knowledge of MS Access database design and
- Advanced knowledge of Visio and/or other flowchart tools.
- Advanced knowledge of and practical experience in SSRS and/or
- Experience in automating with Visual Basic for Applications
- Expert knowledge and mastery of SharePoint.
- Expert proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables, charting
- Experience in organizational change management methods and
tools preferred (but not required).
- Valid U.S Driver's License required
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates** About
Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc: Founded in 2006, Motus is an
award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific
Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology
solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the
importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity,
equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to
educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring,
promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling
organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being
intentional about who they hire. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status . AG /
9871 Job ID: 9871 Apply for Business Systems Analyst 3 (N-IT)
(10188) Fill out the form below to submit information for this
opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, docx, pdf, rtf, or
txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
First Name Last Name Email Phone City State Resume (pdf, doc, docx,
rtf, txt, 5MB max) Click to Upload Resume
Keywords: Motus Recruiting & Staffing, Vancouver , Business Systems Analyst 3 (N-IT) (10188), Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!