Shred Truck Driver Offering $2,000 Bonus
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Waste Connections is looking to hire for a Shred Truck Driver to
join the team at our Mobile Shredding location in Vancouver, WA.
Previous shred experience would be a huge plus ! Hours will be
Monday Through Friday 5:30-3:00Pm
Rate of pay is $25.00/HR Starting and will increase to $26.00/HR
after 6 Months of Employment. We are also Offering a $2,000 Stay On
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other
miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to safely operate a shred truck on specified routes to
collect shred bins from local businesses.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer
identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as
checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and
unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load shred bins.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an
occasional Saturday as needed, 45 plus hour work week.
- Opportunity for overnight work
- Must be a team player
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 75
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such
as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent
wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and
vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Continuously going into businesses and interacting with
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre-
and post-trip inspections.
- Must have good customer service skills and previous experience
with dealing with customers face to face.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Vancouver , Shred Truck Driver Offering $2,000 Bonus, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!