Union Journeyman Fleet Mechanic
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Waste Connections in Vancouver, Washington has an immediate
position open for a Journeyman Mechanic to work on our fleet of
garbage trucks. Individuals with 3-5+ years' experience
working on heavy diesel trucks or those that have completed a
Diesel Technology program are encouraged to apply. This is a swing
shift 2:00 pm to 10:30Pm Monday Through Friday, occasional
overtime. Shifts are typically 9-10 hours long. This is a union
position with great pay Starting at $32.00-$34.00/HR DOE, Union
benefits and Pension Plan.
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and
repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders,
brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations,
parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives,
- Knowledge of Hydraulics repair is required
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually, well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
safety precautions. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of experience directly related
to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred ,
or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience
is a huge plus !
What we offer to you:
- Paid Time Off
- Pension Plan
- Union Benefits
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Yearly Boot Allowance
- Yearly Safety Bonus
Keywords: Waste Connections, Vancouver , Union Journeyman Fleet Mechanic, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!