Driver Helper Offering $4,000 Stay On Bonus
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Waste Connections is looking to hire a Driver Helper to join our
team in Vancouver, WA. This is a physically demanding job where you
will be working outside in all weather conditions 8+ Hours
a day. Schedule is Monday - Friday 5:30am to 3:30pm with Occasional
Overtime, Saturdays as needed.
We will help train you to Obtain your CDL, while working with a
Driver trainer out on Route.
This is a union position starting at $24.00/HR and will Increase to
$24.71/HR when you obtain a CDL license and are assigned a route.
We are Offering a $4,000 Stay On Bonus!! This Position is eligible
for union benefits and pension plan as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes
to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred , but not
- Ability to read route Tablet and service each customer
identified on the Route or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Ability to Lift, Push and Pull 900+ Garbage Cans per
Route, into the Back of the Rear Load Garbage Truck.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as
checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and
unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose
of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other
miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an
occasional Saturday as needed, 45-50 hour work week. WHAT WE OFFER:
- Union Benefits and Pension Plan
- Yearly Boot Voucher of up to $450.00 a Year
- Yearly Safety Bonus of up to $1,750
- Company uniforms, High Visibility PPE gear and Safety
- $4,000 Stay On Bonus! WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
pounds through out a 8+ hour shift.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such
as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent
wet conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise
level is usually moderate. MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum. Or
the ability to obtain one.
- Ability to obtain a CDL permit before starting day 1 of
- Clean Driving Record.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete DOT
pre- and post-trip inspections. Waste Connections is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Vancouver , Driver Helper Offering $4,000 Stay On Bonus, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!