Psychiatric Technician (non-QMHA)
Company: Albertina Kerr Centers
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Campus - Subacute - Portland,
ORPosition Type Full Time (30+ hours per week)Education Level Not
SpecifiedSalary Range $18.00 - $18.00 HourlyJob Category Children's
Mental Health Services Albertina Kerrempowers people with
intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health
challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives
and reach their full potential. Kerr utilizes Collaborative Problem
Solving in helping children with behavioral challenges. This
strength-based model fosters the understanding that kids do well if
they can.As aPsychiatric Technician, you will provide direct care
and support to children and adolescents experiencing an acute
psychiatric episode. This is an extraordinary opportunity to enter
and grow your career in the mental health field. Youll facilitate
skills groups and education groups, guide structured recreational
activities, and support the children and adolescents we serve in
their daily activities.Our Children's Psychiatric Crisis (Subacute)
program offers short-time, safe, and secure residential placement
for children and teens who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
Services focus on mental health stabilization, psychiatric
evaluation, and transitionalplanning with an averagelength of stay
around three weeks. Common diagnoses include major depression,
suicide ideation, and anxiety. You'll support a diverse population,
including transgender and nonbinary youth as part of an impactful,
multidisciplinary team.Join our team. Get a $2,000 sign-on
bonus!All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or
meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to
beginning work.Essential Duties
- Conducts evaluations and assessments of clients.
- Ensures clients personal safety and provide with basic needs:
adequate food, clean clothing, and assistance in areas of hygiene
- Consults treatment plan to implement appropriate care for
- Teaches social skills and provides appropriate opportunities
- Facilitates educational groups and therapeutic skills groups
- Consistently fulfills the duties of a mandatory abuse
- Documents notes and carries out incident reporting.
- Performs safe-guarding interventions.
- Completes cleaning and housekeeping tasks.Benefits
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term
- Paid internal training and career development
- Paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to 4% employer
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources
for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public
Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)Qualifications
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, families, and
- Adept problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, and capacity to learn new operating
systems and applications
- Basic math skills.
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift, push, bend and pull;
stand or move about; raise arms in an unsupported position; twist
from side to side at the waist; reach for objects; perform similar
repetitive hand operations or other fatiguing demands for over five
hours per day.
- Ability to safely perform Oregon Intervention System (OIS)
requirements for physical intervention techniques.Required
Keywords: Albertina Kerr Centers, Vancouver , Psychiatric Technician (non-QMHA), Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!