Posted on: September 15, 2023
New location coming Fall 2023! Come be a part of this exciting
opportunity as MedVet opens a new Emergency and Specialty hospital
in Vancouver, WA.
MedVet is a fast-growing Emergency and Specialty provider with
practices nationwide. We help our patients receive advanced medical
treatments and innovations. Things like chemotherapy and radiation,
cardiac ablations, treatments for glaucoma, physical
rehabilitation, dermatology and so much more! We are looking for
collaborative and driven people to join our team.
We thrive on people living out our core values of Teamwork,
Leadership and Compassion to get their job done. Use your passion
to drive the MedVet experience for our clients and patients, as
well as your teammates.
The Operations Technician is responsible for proper inventory
management in the hospital (i.e. ordering, receiving, rotation,
cycle counts, inventory adjustments) to ensure our healthcare team
has the prescriptions, supplies, and equipment needed to deliver
care to our patients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and submits orders to our centralized purchasing team
based on par levels and order frequency.
- Facilitates local purchases as required.
- Works collaboratively with clinical managers and leadership
teams in their hospital to determine weekly orders for consistent
and timely processing.
- Responsible for tracking and communication of backorder
products and/or products with very short expiration dating (i.e.
- Receives shipments, matches them to purchase orders, and
receives inventory in our hospital management system timely and
- Delivers inventory to proper departments and stocks Central
Supply while keeping proper inventory rotation, organization, and
- Communicates shipment issues in a timely manner to Purchasing
for quick resolution.
- Communicates backorders or other delays in product receipt to
the hospital. Works with hospital leaders to identify alternative
products in these instances.
- Approves and codes vendor invoices for service or inventory
received and submit for payment.
- Completes accurate transactions in hospital management system
for inventory used in-house, expired drugs, transfers, returns to
vendor, and other as needed.
- Completes daily cycle counts to maintain inventory integrity
100% throughout the month.
- Works alongside Operations Partner to analyze and explain
- Facilitates repairs of smaller medical equipment and maintains
repair tickets in asset management system.
- Complies with regulatory agencies requirements. This includes
but is not limited to DEA, SBOP, FDA, OSHA, etc.
- Maintains inventory of controlled substances including checking
into management system, daily audits, and final destruction.
- Completes monthly calibration of in-house laboratory
- Assists on coordinating transport needs between hospitals, as
- Completes assigned projects to improve hospital processes.
- Participates in new hire orientation and Doctor Onboarding
processes for Operations.
- Functions as the hospital point of contact for the operations
team during normal business hours.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Works successfully as a team member and autonomously
- Completes assignments with integrity
- Works efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated to help drive change
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented, quality focused, and self-motivated
- Demonstrates sense of urgency while maintaining composure
- Able to work standing for long periods of time with frequent
stooping or bending
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours
- Strong acumen with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams,
and other various software platforms.
Compensation That Honors Your Commitment:
At MedVet, we deeply value your dedication to providing unmatched
care for our beloved patients. We are committed to honoring that
commitment by offering a competitive and transparent compensation
package that aligns with Washington state pay transparency
Your experience and tenure with our hospital play a significant
role in determining your compensation. We are pleased to offer a
starting compensation range of $22.64 to $28.89 per hour, depending
on your experience.
Perks and Benefits include:
- Strong career growth and personal development
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental
- HSA, FSA and Independent Care Spending
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning on your first day
- Employee Pet Discounts and Pet Insurance
- Elective Short-Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance and
company paid Long Term Disability
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are
also a drug-free organization; therefore, employment with MedVet is
dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background
MedVet does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party
Keywords: MedVet, Vancouver , Operations Technician, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!