Senior Estimator - Vancouver, WA
Company: Pacific Lifestyle Homes, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Pacific Lifestyle Homes-- a growing Southwest WA-based
homebuilder -- seeks an experienced, professional full-time Senior
Estimator. This role is instrumental in gathering and analyzing
financial data for use in estimating and allocating costs for the
homebuilding process.A strong Senior Estimator candidate is able to
demonstrate intermediate to advanced Excel and construction math
skills. Experience using purchasing software and/or an ERP building
software (such as BuildPro and Newstar) is critical. Organizational
and analytical skills are also necessary in this position.We offer
a competitive compensation package for the position of Senior
Estimator beginning with a salary range of $75,000 - $110,000. This
position is considered an exempt role.This position is eligible to
participate in the Company's extensive benefits package that
includes medical, dental and vision benefits for the employee. This
position is also eligible to participate in annual profit sharing
and our 401(k) retirement savings plans with a discretionary 3%
contribution.A healthy balance of wellbeing and paid time off is
one of the ways we support our teammates. We provide 120 hours of
paid time off for the first year and seven paid holidays
annually.The Senior Estimator reports to the Regional Purchasing
Manager. This position is based in beautiful Vancouver, WA
(approximately 30 minutes from Portland, OR).We are seeking a
candidate who enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive
contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values
including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and
Humility. Our Company culture is team-oriented, supportive and
customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and
have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers' dreams realized.For
additional information about PLH's Company Culture, we invite you
to view the video at the following link:
- Provide accurate, timely quantity and material take off
estimates for house plans.
- Create and run reports to confirm pricing. Research and resolve
- Review database uploads to ensure data accuracy.
- Provide option cost/retail recommendations to management.
- Review lumber starts from lumber estimator. Ensure lumber
takeoffs are complete, accurate and current.
- Develop reporting systems and processes for in-house lumber
- Create and analyze cost reports.
- Research and eliminate variances by working with field staff,
vendors and main office personnel. Conduct on-site visits to verify
products installation use and efficiency.
- Create and/or review estimates for custom options.
- Collaborate with department staff to release accurate purchase
orders to vendors and trade partners. Ensure current pricing and
products are accurate for estimates.
- Handle multiple priorities in a calm, professional manner and
develop and cultivate positive working relationships with internal
customers, staff, subcontractors and vendors.Senior Estimator
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent with applicable work
experience; Associates degree or above is preferred.
- 4 - 6 years of increasingly responsible estimating
- Residential Construction industry work experience is necessary
for this role including knowledge of building processes,
terminology, building techniques and procedures.
- Database work experience; hands-on Purchasing and/or ERP system
expertise is needed.
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity, and
- Professional interpersonal and verbal/written communication
- Demonstrates a positive, approachable and confident
- Positive contributor to team culture.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
effectively; exceptional accuracy and follow through.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as: Excel
(intermediate to advanced level), Word, One Note, SharePoint and
- Past use of Newstar (or other ERP system) and/or BuildPro (or
other construction management software).
- Cheerfully and adeptly handles interruptions and competing
priorities; adapts accordingly based upon organizational
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills with a
- Maintains confidentiality and uses appropriate
discretion.Reference check, background check and a pre-employment
drug screen are steps in our hiring process.If you have questions
about the application process, inquire via email with our hiring
process facilitator at: SE@TJandassociates.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Pacific Lifestyle Homes, Inc., Vancouver , Senior Estimator - Vancouver, WA, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!