Veterans Preferred - Fleet Safety Specialist
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10030822 Fleet
Safety Specialist (Open)
Vancouver, WA (Admin) - ManagementLongview, WA - Retail shop,
Renton, WA - Filling industrial, Seattle, WA - Retail shop, Tacoma,
WA - Filling industrial
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Fleet Safety Specialist
- Vancouver, WA area or Seattle, WA area
- Expected travel: 60-80%
- $550.00 per month car allowance
- Salary: $70,360 to $87,183 depending on experience, 5% target
- Airgas Suite of Benefits and Programs Offered:
- Healthcare Benefits - Medical, dental, and vision options
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Pre-tax Savings Options (FSA,
- Basic life and AD&D with the option to purchase additional
coverage for yourself and your dependents
- Short and long-term disability coverage with optional buy-up
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match effective upon hire
- Vacation accrual of up to 80 hours per year, which increases up
to 120 hours after your third anniversary
- Seven (7) Company observed paid holidays per calendar year and
hours count towards the calculation of overtime!
- Up to three paid floating holidays per calendar year, amount
determined by hire date
- Paid parental leave after 12 months of employment
- Tuition assistance and CDL scholarship options after 6 months of
- Career Development Opportunities
- See more at:
As Fleet Safety Specialist you will be responsible for all
safety-related aspects of driving and distribution at Airgas with
all drivers who operate a vehicle for the company, with an
emphasized focus on commercial fleet drivers and their activities.
Your ultimate goal is to ensure an accident- and injury-free work
environment through the development and implementation of policies
and procedures, training programs (including but not limited to the
driver mentor program), ongoing driver engagement initiatives,
methods of accountability, and continuous improvement of fleet
safety processes and outcomes. You will also assist with ensuring
compliance with fleet- and distribution-related aspects and
activities regulated by OSHA, FMCSA, CGA, DOT, DHS, EPA, and
applicable Codes of Federal Regulations (CFRs).
In particular, you will:
- Emphasize and demonstrate the Airgas accident- and injury-free
- Develop a driving culture that encourages "Good Catch" and
"Potential Customer Delivery Site Risk" submittals, always
performing "Get Out And Look" (GOAL) before backing, and immediate
- Perform "Safety Engagements" and "OCRs" (Observe, Correct and
Reinforce) and solicit feedback for program improvement.
- Take ownership for the development, training, implementation
and ongoing support of the Driver Mentor program in alignment with
- Regularly participate in driver safety meetings.
- Assist with pre-employment interviewing, driver demonstrations,
- Provide Smith System Training for employees that operate a
vehicle for the company.
- Train and coach new and existing drivers on use of fleet tools,
equipment, processes, routing practices, safety practices, and
other applicable aspects of fleet safety as needed.
- Perform annual driver demonstrations with all drivers who
operate a vehicle for the company; prepare reports of findings with
recommendations for corrective action; follow-up observations with
constructive coaching and retraining when deficiencies are
- Monitor and follow up on data from electronic safety systems
and vehicle camera applications.
- Administer road tests and truck inspection for commercial
drivers, including checking for violations noted within the
Electronic Logging device (ELD).
- Perform audits of drivers, vehicles, and vehicle maintenance
- Assist drivers with making deliveries, including
material/cylinder handling during ride-alongs as appropriate during
the course of scheduled ride-alongs.
- Ensure locations maintain the proper vehicle maintenance,
driver vehicle inspection and log file.
- Lead driver-related accident and injury investigations and
incident reviews with management.
- Assist with DOT and HSE compliance audits.
- Assist with various office and administrative duties, such as
providing driver related safety training for monthly safety
meetings, maintenance of safety records, regular reporting on fleet
safety activities and outcomes to manager groups.
- Create and present (virtually and in-person) fleet safety
data/content to various audiences.
- Drive commercial vehicles as needed for training,
demonstration, and emergencies.
Are you a MATCH?
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in industrial or occupational
safety, or a similar discipline relevant to this position
- Certification in at least one (1) occupational safety-related
program such as OSHA 30, OSHA 511, Associate Safety Professional
(ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Safety Trained
Supervisor (STS), Certified Driver Trainer (CDT) or a similar
certification relevant to this position required prior to
employment OR able to attain such certification within 180 days of
- Minimum five (5) years of commercial/fleet driving experience
- Minimum one (1) year Class A CDL with Hazmat, Airbrake, and
Tank endorsements operating a commercial vehicle with a clean and
safe driving record OR ability to earn Class A CDL with Hazmat,
Airbrake, and Tank endorsements within 180 days of hire required.
Maintenance of these certifications is required throughout the
duration of employment in this position.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a safety-focused capacity OR
previous safety leadership experience in a related industry
- Must possess a valid drivers license, clean driving record, and
appropriate level of auto insurance coverage. Must have reliable
transportation and be able to work flexible hours at multiple
facilities to meet management expectations.
- Expected to travel up to 60% - 80% of the time including
multi-day overnight travel throughout the NorPac region (Oregon,
- Intermediate skills operating a computer and using Google
Platform is required.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of DOT, OSHA, FMCSA, &
DHS rules, regulations, and training requirements.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Vancouver , Veterans Preferred - Fleet Safety Specialist, Professions , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!