Sales Team Leader, SMB Sales
Company: Index Ventures
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The role of the Team Lead is to manage a team of Sales
Development Representatives and to assist the HOD to drive the SMB
Sales Team (Inbound, Outbound, Expansion) to success. You will be
responsible for SMB Sales growth by assisting and driving the
SDR's, motivating successful sales and new business month on
This is a permanent role, based out of the contact centre in
Manchester and hours of work are Monday - Thursday 10am - 7pm and
Friday between 10am - 5.30pm.
- Responsible for the delivery and improvement of the SMB Sales
team through management and coaching of a team to provide an
excellent onboarding experience.
- Directly manage a team of 10-15 SDR's with varying levels of
- Responsible for recruitment, reward, training and development
of own team
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a performance
management framework for the team Accountabilities:
- Motivate the team to maintain high morale, low absenteeism and
- Manage resources and prioritise workloads within the Department
to ensure achievement of sales targets and KPIs
- Coach and support team members through regular 1:1 and
bi-annual reviews to identify and address development needs and
construct development plans which will build a high quality
- Monitor team performance and output through use and analysis of
performance and quality data, in order to set or adjust targets and
measure success against them, and raise the standards in the
- Ensure quality staff are recruited into the department by
effective interviewing and other recruitment tools in conjunction
- Liaise with Learning and Development to ensure content of
training materials and programmes is of maximum value to
- Represent the SMB Sales team and department on Projects and
other ad hoc assignments to ensure SMB Sales needs are
- Provide accurate management information reports on a regular
basis and within deadlines to assist management and other
departments in meeting their objectives.
- Research and answer complex complaints referred from our SDRs,
identifying the causes and taking appropriate action to deliver
outstanding customer service.
- Relevant briefings communicated to staff to ensure Company
plans and procedural changes are cascaded and understood.
- Work with other managers and stakeholders to ensure SDRs
Receive coaching, development and technical support they needs
- Proven experience within high velocity sales management
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication, coaching and feedback skills.
- Proven experience within a Sales management environment at a
- Proven track record of managing teams of over 10 people Why
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting
great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right?
But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high
growth, huge challenges, and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and
finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the
wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was
launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with
over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in
over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any
time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people
think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to
different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to
a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want when
they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants, and consumers. We operate one of
the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do
this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of
restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within
milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret
sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global
food market is valued at -7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is
currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of
countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and
communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has
only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown
rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's
fastest-growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first
company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet
most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies
ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and
we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive
benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community,
convenience, growth, time away, and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we
live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have
no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you
who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion, or a secret
aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food
and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in
an incredibly exciting space.
Keywords: Index Ventures, Vancouver , Sales Team Leader, SMB Sales, Sales , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!