Program Support Specialist 1
Company: Flux Resources
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Program Support Specialist 1
Program Support Specialist 1
Flux is currently seeking a Program Support Specialist 1 to join
our project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. This
full-time contract position will work within in the Technical
Training Center. This position will provide training support to
apprentice, journeyman, craftsman and continuous training programs
and will perform related clerical/administrative tasks. In
addition, the position will: provide data entry on multiple
computer applications; coordinate schedules; and research answers
for policy application. This position will assist with training
contracts and conduct annual training needs assessments, track
training plan execution, and develop training reports.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Performs data entry using multiple computer applications,
including Microsoft Office, Asset Suite, PeopleSoft, Concur
(Government travel service), Microsoft SharePoint, etc. May enter
inventory management data, vehicle mileage, training, travel, pen
base program, utility bills, etc. Will use Veteran Affairs data
tracking program to enter apprentice training information.
- Verifies group/organization timekeeping is accurate and follows
established guidelines, policies, and negotiated bargaining
agreements. Where required, inputs time and labor information into
- As required, following established policy and process prepares
travel authorization and arrangements for management and staff
travel using on line systems such as Concur, etc. Prepares travel
vouchers following established process using on line system,
entering data from staff daily work reports and other
- Performs data entry for P-card transactions, materials requests
- Answers telephone calls and responds to routine telephone
requests that have standard answers; refers calls and visitors to
appropriate management and staff. As required, controls mail to
assure timely staff response, and sends form letters. Sorts and
distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail, including bulk
- As requested, maintains calendars, makes appointments, and
arranges for meeting rooms.
- Establishes and maintains office files and provides clerical
support, preparing forms for district functions, maintaining
catalogs and posting (filing) changes to manuals.
- As requested, assists staff in the routine use of software
applications, i.e., Microsoft Office, etc.
- Process and submit requests to manager for approval for needed
office supplies; distribute supplies to appropriate staff per
- Serves as point-of-contact person for district or other office
personnel regarding general district or administrative
- Coordinates and assists manager with development of annual
managers' and employees' performance appraisal plans; implements,
oversees and completes related documentation. Schedules and tracks
to completion all managers' and employees' progress reviews, while
performing associated follow-up to obtaining requisite signatures
- Provides a wide variety of confidential administrative/clerical
tasks for the managers and staff for the assigned organization,
managers and support staff.
- Assist manager in a variety of personnel and other actions.
- Arrange travel (domestic, invitational and foreign), such as
airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and
- Coordinate and assist managers and staff with Time & Attendance
per established procedures, which may include:
- Provide overall administrative support to staff members by
acting as the liaison with HCM, IT, SLMO, Workflow Connection,
Security, Safety, Motor Pool, Facilities / Space Management and
administrative services groups which may include processing,
coordinating, requesting and tracking:
- Assist with scheduling interviews through Fieldglass; preparing
interview packets for assigned manager(s).
- Perform data entry, provide maintenance, tracking and reporting
for a variety of organizational databases and management
- Manage all records in accordance with the Information
Governance & Lifecycle Management policy and procedure and
Training Program Support (30%)
- Reserve rooms and coordinate room configuration and set-up.
Verify supplies needed for program or courses are in room.
- Schedule and coordinate Instructors.
- Provide data monitoring, entry and tracking in HRMIS enterprise
- Collaborate with staff, business units and procurement to
support COR responsibilities.
- Participate in developing and conducting training needs
assessments/surveys, and analyze the information and data obtained
in order to anticipate training needs for specific categories of
positions that involve fairly well defined and readily understood
- Review training needs assessments and create statistical
reports that show what training needs to be provided to who, how
many, where and when. Provide reports to manager for forecasting
- Develop and coordinate Apprentice Training Schedules.
- Compile budget data for managers for long range planning of
training and forecast for budget considerations.
- Prepare budgetary reports used for cost center budgeting and
tracking, and work plan development for manager review.
- Support training development teams or committees as requested,
by providing data, assisting with data analysis and taking meeting
- Prepare, copy, and assemble training materials.
- Send complete inventory of materials and supplies to training
sites for courses.
- Assist training self-service program coordinators by processing
requests for external training catalog numbers and by pulling
completion reports and compiling and summarizing data using Word
- Initiate/record training evaluations using Survey Monkey or
other survey methods. Enter survey data, send surveys to learners
and run various survey reports.
- Make edits and updates to training materials as requested by
training specialists or supervisor.
- Maintain training information in HRMIS and verify accuracy:
- Update and maintain training catalog.
- Create and send various training correspondence,
communications, and marketing materials.
- Update standard operating procedures and job aids as
- Prepare and send monthly, quarterly/semi-annual, and ad hoc
reports for assigned training programs.
- Follow up and document findings on no shows and other
attendance issues related to training courses.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business
Management, Business Operations or a related field is preferred
- With an applicable Bachelor's degree, 2- years of experience is
- With an applicable Associate's degree, 4+ years of experience
- Without an applicable degree, 6+ years of experience is
Experience should consistent with program/project
coordination/control and progressively more technical in
- 2+ years' experience performing administrative functions in an
automated learning management system
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in administrative support
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and we are
committed to engaging with diverse populations. It is our priority
to be a leader in creating a workforce that represents the citizens
we serve. While providing EEO self-identification information is
voluntary, we encourage you to do so as it is pertinent to our
commitment of creating a diverse workforce.
All candidates will receive consideration without regard to
characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law
such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical
or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or
military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual
FLUX Resources, LLC. wants to ensure applicants who apply for jobs
electronically are informed of their equal employment opportunity
(EEO) protections as part of the application process through the
EEO is the Law and Supplement to EEO is the Law posters. In
addition, you can review the prescribed pay transparency
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran you have the right to request an accommodation, which can
be done by e-mailing us at email@example.com and
providing us with your name and contact information
Keywords: Flux Resources, Vancouver , Program Support Specialist 1, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!