PeaceHealth Home Health is seeking a part time Physical
Therapist to provide weekend coverage performing OASIS Admits and
Secondary Evaluations. We currently have flexibility with
scheduling and would love to hear from you!
Our Home Health program is growing! If you are a PT who believes
that therapy is about optimizing the functional mobility and
independence of your patients while helping them learn to manage
their health, and that home is the best place to accomplish these
goals then we would like to hear from you.
Leading the way in Value Based Purchasing (VBP), Washington is
one of nine states nationally, navigating the quality-outcome-based
reimbursement initiative introduced by CMS in 2015.
Through hard-work and dedication, we are proud of our 4-star
rating! We are committed to providing safe and compassionate care
to our neighbors throughout Clark & Cowlitz County, Washington.
We invite you to get onboard. Become a leader in your
profession, focus on functional rehabilitation, become an effective
case manager, help develop best practice guidelines and become a
trail-blazer in the "Healthcare at Home" movementwhich is the
future the healthcare.
Clark & Cowlitz County, located in SW Washington, is centrally
located between the mountains and the ocean, with the world
renowned Columbia River Gorge in our own front yard! The temperate
climate allows for year-round outdoor activity, allowing you to
also optimize your health and well-being.
Establishes and implements physical therapy plans of care in
collaboration with Physician. Administers therapy treatments to
patients with physical disabilities resulting from injury, disease
or surgery. Uses techniques such as heat, electricity, water,
muscle manipulation, massage and exercise. Responsible for the
evaluation of patients and following the plan-of-care and treatment
of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan
and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient
records, interviews, and observation and team members.
- Provides individualized therapy treatment in accordance with
plan of care.
- Makes recommendations for relative content and scope of therapy
services and implements policies and procedures that guide and
support the provision of services.
- Recommends and develops new therapy services and programs in
collaboration with staff.
- Shares expertise with other health care professionals.
Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to ensure smooth,
continuous care of patients. Acts as a liaison with nursing,
medical and other therapy staff to facilitate problem solving,
coordination of services and acts as an educational resource.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely and within
- May spend minimal time to assist with evaluating and orienting
new caregivers and making recommendations to management regarding
equipment and space needs related to physical therapy
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Physical Therapy or closely
related field (foreign equivalent accepted).
- General knowledge of field and ability to utilize library
- Previous experience as a Physical Therapist is preferred.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position
- Current Physical Therapist license from the state Physical
Therapy Licensing Board specific to location of practice
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
- Valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display
flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patient's condition and exercise independent
judgment to implement life-sustaining action
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood
and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment;
operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state or federal laws.