Company: Farwest Steel Corporation
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSaw Operator – Beam Yard – Vancouver, WAWhat Is
the Purpose of This Position?To operate the Peddinghaus Saw System
at maximum machine efficiency, generating highest part quality and
performing general machine preventative maintenance based on safety
and best practices in the steel service industry. Most Important
- Work as a key member of an efficient production team and
produce parts accurately and in an efficient manner.
- Positively communicate with forklift operators and others
within the Farwest Operations Team to facilitate production and
minimize down time. Work with forklift operators to maximize
throughput in warehouse.
- Review work instructions and verify consistency between batch
ticket, material, second size, part numbers, revision, process,
material thickness/ grade, etc.
- Verify heat number with certification and follow certification
- Participate in insuring a safe work environment through best
practices including promoting of company safety policies, OSHA
guidelines, maintenance of a 5S work station.
- Perform a first article inspection for: thickness,
measurements, and cut quality on each line item.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by ensuring parts meet quality
expectations of machine manufacture and customer.
- Accurately fill out paperwork.
- Mark remnants for re-stocking (add color code, heat number,
thickness, REM number)
- Consistently look to reduce operational cost: maximum material
usage, maximize machine on time, maximize consumable usage, protect
equipment, observe and enforce safety protocolsQualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a saw operator
- Proficient in math, including decimals and fractions.
- Knowledge of structural steel material
- Ability to miter cut within tolerances
- Strong attention to detail
- Warehouse training or prior experience preferred
- Ability to read and write in English to follow written
instructions and record work activities performed.
- Math ability to figure piece count parts, net parts to be cut,
rotate parts, set up machine for proper cuts, etc.
- Familiarity with computers is required
- Be a Competitively Respectful Team player.Farwest is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We honor our
veterans!Work Opportunity Tax CreditFarwest Steel Corporation &
Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program.
ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital
that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits
to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation.Applicant
- Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=farweststeel
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language
from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and
Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish
the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.*ADP
will contact WOTC-eligible new hires via email or text to request
proof of age or address documentation, when needed.Powered by
Keywords: Farwest Steel Corporation, Vancouver , Saw Operator, Other , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!